Our club is holding the annual Open Day on Saturday, May 7th and we would be delighted to show visitors all the facilities and activities we offer our members -
hoping you will find something to encourage you to join!
We provide traditional dinghy and cruiser sailing and racing, and run a thriving cadet section which offers both sail training, coaching and racing for youngsters between 8 and 18 along with social activities on the side.
All members have use of our own large training lake which provides sailing water when the tide is out! There are several informal groups of sailors who meet on midweek days (and evenings in the summer) to sail and socialise without being too competitive- encouraging newcomers to get started.
We manage a large section of foreshore which accommodates over 100 moorings for cruising yachts up to 30ft, our own ramp, pier and pontoon for mid tide access to the River Blackwater.
With our own site and buildings, extensive safety craft for use at training and racing events, plenty of boat storage space and car park we provide more facilities than any other club on the east coast.
We even have a sea wall bungalow for hire by members. Our large modern clubhouse features club rooms, bars, member’s kitchen, dedicated cadet/training room, sun room, changing facilities and large race box at the top of the house – offering the best possible views down river.
The club is managed by the members for the members and we always welcome new members, so we would be pleased to see you on May 7th for a look around – a tour of the club and perhaps a trip in a dinghy or RIB!
Our offer includes:
- Sail training for cadets and informal coaching for adults – using our own lake.
- Dinghy racing 12 months of the year.
- Dinghy and cruiser cruising groups for day sails and overnight trips.
- Cruiser racing in spring/summer/autumn.
- Rowing and canoeing encouraged.
- Social sailing at weekends, midweek daytime and midweek evenings.
- Organised race weeks for cadets and all members.
- Social events throughout the year, daytime and evening, both smart and casual.
- Dinghy parking within 100m of river and lake.
- Full time steward on site.
- Cruiser tidal moorings off the club.
- Car parking convenient to clubhouse.
- Cruiser winter parking on site.
- Clubhouse with 24hr access for all members.
- Four members’ reception rooms and a dedicated cadet / training room.
- Extensive changing facilities.
- Ramp, jetty and pontoon for river access.
- Large fleet of club safety craft and workboat.
- Member’s kitchen.
- Member’s workshop.
- Seawall bungalow for member hire.
- Winter mud berths.